Saturday, August 18, 2007

Hiking Cerro Otto

Our house in Bariloche turned out to be only a quick walk from the trail head to a fantastic hike to the top of Cerro Otto--a nearby mountain about 1400 meters tall. Hiking Cerro Otto became our favorite activity when not on the slopes at Catedral.

The hike to the top of Cerro Otto was steep and challenging but the views of Lago Nahuel Haupi, nearby mountains and downtown Bariloche made it worth the trip.

Bariloche city center
It was an especially fun trek after a big snowstorm.
The teleferico is a quicker way to reach the top of Cerro Otto and makes for a great photo.
Erin joined us one sunny afternoon to take in the view.
And to enjoy a fantastic lunch at the cozy refugio near the top.
Ask Erin about Trevor's fall down these stairs.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trevor, I still have a hard time telling people about your fall because I can't get through it without laughing. I guess you had to be in the bathroom to get my perspective :) Miss you guys!!

Trevor Hayward said...
This comment has been removed by the author.